Tavern Reopens June 17th!
We are so excited to be reopening the Old Own Tavern and Nest to our guests for dinner starting June 17. We have missed sharing our food with every one of you. With COVID-19 there are however certain restrictions and new ways that we will be serving our delicious food to our guests to comply with current regulations.
Starting June 17th for our Dine in Guests:
- The Old Owl Tavern and Nest will only be at a 33% capacity due to current restrictions. As those restrictions change so will our capacity.
- The Old Owl Tavern and Nest will only be open Tuesday through Saturday nights for dinner. The Tavern will not be serving lunch at this time.
- The Old Owl Tavern and Nest will have a limited menu at this time (but it still contains some of your favorites!). For our new dinner menu click here – Tavern Nest Menu 6-4-2020.
- All guests dining in MUST have a reservation. To make your reservation please call our front desk at 859-734-3381. Our front desk will start taking reservations Monday June 8.
- Your seating options include the Tavern, Tavern patio, and Nest.
Reservations for dinner will be between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm.
- All reservations will be held up to 15 minutes, after that your table will be given to another guest. Reservations are for 1.5-hour increments.
- Upon arriving for dinner, please call 859-734-0559 to ensure your table is ready. If your table is ready, please head to the front door where you will be greeted and taken to your table. Please do not wait outside the Tavern for your table.
- All our staff for your safety will be wearing masks and gloves. Tables will also have appropriate social distancing. Hand sanitizer will be available for your use as well.
Starting June 17th for Our Carryout Guests:
- Please call 859-734-0559, Tuesday through Saturday after 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm to order your carryout dinner. You will pick up your order from the Tavern bar.
More Details about the Tavern:
Did you know that we have 70+ different bourbons for you to choose from?
We are an official sponsor of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail®. Since we are located in the middle of bourbon country, stop by the Old Owl TAVERN after a day of touring the distilleries. Or arrange a grand tour of bourbons without moving from your seat with our Innkeeper’s Bourbon Tasting with Dixon.
Did you know that one of the very BEST Bourbon collections in all of Kentucky is right here at The Old Owl Tavern? In fact The Old Owl Tavern was just named one of the best bourbon bars by the Bourbon Review. If you’re into Bourbon, you need to get in to The Tavern! Order a bourbon flight with tasting notes.
The Old Owl TAVERN is named for the Dedman family’s Kentucky Owl Bourbon Whiskey distilled along the Kentucky River prior to Prohibition. This southern wing, ground floor area originally provided housing for the horse carriages transporting the young ladies to this prestigious girls’ school. Dirt floors and “Kentucky marble” stone walls have been transformed into a popular casual bar and restaurant complete with porch dining cooled by ceiling fans and century old shade trees. The original hand-hewn beams, fireplace mantel, hand-cut stone walls and splendid old photographs depicting many of Mercer County’s pre-Prohibition distilleries provide a glimpse back into Harrodsburg’s colorful past. The TAVERN boasts casual fare, great wine and spirits available from the Kentucky-crafted twenty-three foot mahogany bar. It merrily beckons the weary traveler, as did the early Harrodsburg taverns of the 18th and 19th century. Read about our Kentucky Country Ham!